RSPCA welfare standards for turkeys
Our detailed RSPCA welfare standards have been developed to represent good practice in the care and welfare of commercially-farmed turkeys at all stages of their lives.
RSPCA turkey standards technical advisory group
Members of the advisory group are selected on the basis of the specific expertise they bring to the group in different areas of turkey care. Members include:
- Heleen van de Weerd (Chair)
- Stephen Edge (ADAS UK Ltd)
- Richard Jennison (Poultry Health Service)
- Stuart Beaumont (Kelly's Turkeys)
- Joe Bailey (RSPCA Assured)
- A representative of RSPCA field staff (Farm Livestock Officers) who monitor RSPCA Assured scheme members
For information on the group's discussions download:
- Summary meeting notes of the third meeting held in April 2019 (PDF 49KB)
- Summary meeting notes of the second meeting held in February 2017 (PDF 63KB)
- Summary meeting notes of the first meeting held in June 2016 (PDF 60KB
Find out more about the consultation process for the development of the RSPCA welfare standards for farm animals.